Welcome to No Limit Sound Productions

Company Founded
2005
Overview

Our services include Sound Engineering, Audio Post-Production, System Upgrades and Equipment Consulting.
Mission
Our mission is to provide excellent quality and service to our customers. We do customized service.

Monday, September 24, 2012

When I was his age, that was me!

 Ask anyone with a real and passionate interest in audio - they got into it young. But as young as this? That's going some!

By David Mellor, Course Director of Audio Masterclass

How old were you when you first got interested in audio? I was six. An older relative had bought a tape recorder, with which I was absolutely fascinated. So I saved and saved and saved and, together with some Christmas and birthday money, finally bought one for myself - a Stella ST458. I'm not saying I made any great recordings with it but I certainly had a lot of fun. Here's one on the right...
 

Now as far as boom operation goes, I don't think I would have been aware of the technique. There's so much more information around these days. But I'm aware of it now and I appreciate what strong arms this guy must have to hold the boom for the duration of the shoot (which I presume was a lot longer than it takes to pour milk on a bowl of cereal). OK, there's a wire, or it's a Photoshop, but it doesn't do any harm just to believe for a while, does it?

Here's the full pic, or at least what I could rip out of the mag...
 

My question to RP readers? What first got you interested in audio? And what was the first audio equipment you had?

P.S. In the spirit of good karma let me say that I enjoy Rice Krispies, particularly when mixed with muesli. I'd recommend you go out and buy some. They'll give you strong arms!

Publication date: Thursday March 17, 2011
Author: David Mellor, Course Director of Audio Masterclass

No comments:

Post a Comment